Mr. Swick’s previous law firms mainly handled various forms of litigation and insurance defense work. At his previous firms, Mr. Swick has become corporate counsel for a variety of different companies in Arizona, including in the Cannabis field. Mr. Swick has also done a great deal of work in Maricopa County Superior Court in civil, criminal, and family law cases. He has also litigated cases in Coconino, Pima, Pinal, Yavapai, and Navajo Counties as well as many tribal courts in Arizona. Mr. Swick has handled a variety of insurance defense cases, including construction defect cases, vehicle accidents and contractor defense work.
Mr. Swick has also worked as a Cannabis lobbyist and was formerly employed in the Cannabis industry in Arizona. Upon leaving his work as a lobbyist, Mr. Swick moved back into the legal field where he continues to work in various types of litigation and business-related work.
- J.D., Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, 2009
- B.A, Colgate University, 2006
Accomplishments, Awards and Positions
- Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Pro Tempore – Family Law
- Law, Science and Technology Certificate
- Highest Pro Bono Distinction Level
- Environmental Law Society: President and Vice-President
- Student/Faculty Sustainability Law and Policy Research Cluster
- National Lawyers Guild: Arizona Executive Board Member
- Liberty Project: President and Pro-Bono Organizer
- Attorney General’s Office ASU Satellite Clinic: President
- Corporate and Business Law Society: Member
- Small Business Law Students Association: Member
- Director at Defenders of Children